Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nerdykarim

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
atlanta, ga
i'm in search of three ipod shuffles and i need them as cheap as possible. iirc, the apple store for education is selling refurbs (which are okay, as long as they're apple recertifieds) for 79 each. if anyone can find something for 69 (or less!) please let me know. i need them as giveaways for a program at my school.

thanks...i appreciate it.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
nerdykarim said:
i'm in search of three ipod shuffles and i need them as cheap as possible. iirc, the apple store for education is selling refurbs (which are okay, as long as they're apple recertifieds) for 79 each. if anyone can find something for 69 (or less!) please let me know. i need them as giveaways for a program at my school.

some principal you are least you could do would be giving the kids a new ipod shuffle you sound like my principal :eek:

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
nerdykarim said:

Check E-bay, and be sure to sort "Buy it Now" by price..be careful of egregious shipping charges, though/

nerdykarim

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
atlanta, ga
AP_piano295 said:
some principal you are least you could do would be giving the kids a new ipod shuffle you sound like my principal :eek:

um, i dont mean to sound hostile but are you saying that i'm a bad school principal because i'm giving them recertified ones instead of new ones?

first, i'm not a principal. i'm a student in charge of programming for a large segment of a student population at a university. we're holding a 3 on 3 basketball tournament and the shuffles are for the winning team.

second, if your principal gave you an ipod for free, would you really complain that it was a refurb?

third, apple certified shuffles should arrive in normal ipod boxes. i don't know of any way to tell the difference between a refurb and a new one (at least that was the case with my apple certified airport express)

i know i've seen these at $69 like 3-4 months ago...hopefully i can find some in the next couple weeks.

-kj

nerdykarim

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
atlanta, ga
MmmPancakes said:
Your in luck. There are a few in your price range with semi-reasonable shipping:

thanks for your help--unfortunately, i can't get reimbursed for an ebay purchase. so i need to buy from an actual store (not necessarily a bricks-and-mortar store, but an online store would work, also)

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
I think the shuffles are a great idea for the tournament, and it shows the school is in tune with cool gifts for that age group. Apple refurbs are usualy great products...especially with a shuffle. With solid state flash memory, its either works perfect or it doesn't work at all, so refurb won't matter too much.

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
Well, if you know someone in a Bio lab who handles ordering ...

Whatman is having a special through Fisher Scientific, where if you spend $300+ on Whatman products, they give you a free 512 Ipod Shuffle. It is trivial to spend this much if you do a lot of protein work. Nitrocellulose membranes are pretty expensive, and Whatman Optitran is good stuff. Some labs are spending this amount anyway every couple of months for membranes.

Jim

nerdykarim

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
atlanta, ga
that's a great idea. unfortunately, i'm in the political science department and i try to stay the hell away from anything biology-related. i'll send out some emails and see if i can find someone who's willing to order some stuff and get some shuffles for us. thanks for the tip.

jim. said:
Well, if you know someone in a Bio lab who handles ordering ...

Whatman is having a special through Fisher Scientific, where if you spend $300+ on Whatman products, they give you a free 512 Ipod Shuffle. It is trivial to spend this much if you do a lot of protein work. Nitrocellulose membranes are pretty expensive, and Whatman Optitran is good stuff. Some labs are spending this amount anyway every couple of months for membranes.

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.