Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RGraca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2018
Hi everyone already!

I just registered in the forum hoping someone can help me with this, I spent the whole day watching videos, forums, and everything....trying this and that and nothing worked....

Let me explain... This mac in question was bought with the idea of having it running with windows as well in order to run a very important program for my parents to be able to work.

1. Yesterday I tried to install windows via bootcamp (the 64bit version). Opened windows, and so on... when installing that god damn program i realized that they don't have support for 64 bit version (???!!!). That's ok, 32 bit version run in 64 so would be easy. Changed some permissions, but somehow the program didn't installed even when I changed them in windows for the 32 bits.

Thats where the headache starts. But until now it was ok.

2. Went back, reformatted windows on OSX, and when tried the installation of the 32 bit version via bootcamp it shows up that only can be installed 64 bit versions of it.

No luck!

3. Contacted apple support with this, and with their "restricted" opinions, the must valuable thing they told me was basically that the workaround for this validates "things" that they can't be able to talk. Thats ok.

Still with no luck.

4. Since mojave bootcamp don't allow to create a bootable fllash drive for windows...

Searched more on the internet, tried to burn the iso with the 32 bit installation on the flash drive via terminal (...) even if I never touched a mac or a terminal until some days ago. Created the partition to install windows via UEFI on this mac. But when booting, no flash drive recognized.

Still with no luck again!

5. Formatted again the flash drive, made it bootable this time with Rufus on a windows computer. Started boot on mac, it recognized the flash drive... but installation boot doesnt happen. It doesn't pass through one 5 min black screen after i select the drive.

Again.

6. Contacted some friends and their option was to run with a virtual machine but it can be a way to go since it will be a mess for my parents to work like that.

I tried everything that I know to install the god damn 32 bit windows, for an even worst and expensive program that doesn't work with 64 bit versions in 2018!

Maybe I missed something creating the bootable flash drive for mac, i don't know. I really need help with this because i tried everything that I can.

Someone please can help me on how to install that 32 bit of windows on this mac? Or how to solve this ?

Thanks upfront for your time !
Best Regards.

iMac 2017
Identified Model iMac 18,2
Running OSX Mojave

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.