Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I think this one of them most annoying things in maverick. Every time i open a tab, it leaves this small thumbnail window in my desktop that cant be removed. I can only remove it by relaunching finder or restarting the computer. SO SO Annoying. Heres a video:

Last edited:

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Take a screen cap of About this Mac.

Problem persists do a fresh OSX install.

i dont know about that, because id have to re install every single software i have plus plugins for my editing application which is truly a pain.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-21 at 5.11.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-21 at 5.11.07 PM.png
    36 KB · Views: 85

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Well I know this isn't exactly the fix you're probably looking for but this doesn't happen with XtraFinder or TotalFinder tabs.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
it seems specific to my user account. If i go under guest it doesnt happen. I had total finder installed before would that mess anything up ?

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Update!! Its has been fixed!!

Thanks guys for commenting and trying to help. I contacted apple, and i thought i had done this, but deleting plist from from the Hidden Library folder did the trick! I had deleted the plist on the non hidden library folder and didn't work but deleting it from the hidden library is different i guess. I feel so stupid but oh well. If anyone has a problems with finder please try this it might help.

Thanks again!!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
it seems specific to my user account. If i go under guest it doesnt happen. I had total finder installed before would that mess anything up ?

I do remember reading a thread about your issue, and Total Finder might be the culprit, which needs the most current update, eh?
Newest update is v. 1.5.6
Or, (now that Mavericks has tabs in finder) did you uninstall it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.