Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Ok, so I installed some tweaks from cydia and everything was fine but when I installed what is obviously an incompatible tweak, it got stuck on the respring wheel. I opened it to unplug the battery because no reset method was working. Now I can enter into DFU/recovery mode and Checkra1n even completes the whole jailbreak sequence on my Mac, but when the phone tries to boot, it just stays at the Apple logo. I've left it sitting for hours and even a whole day and it's not budging.

I have tried everything I could think of and solutions I've seen on the internet. These consist of: Using 3rd party apps to "fix" the issue, tried booting directly into safe mode, got the Mac to access it and show music and other stuff in iTunes and Finder but could not get access to the root file system to delete that tweak, and pretty much any possible solution you can find by Googling the issue.

I know I can restore and update it, but I do not want to update it. I wouldn't mind restoring it, as long as it stayed on 12.4.

•How can I restore it without updating it?

•Is there something else I can try, to get it to fully boot?

•I know Apple isn't signing for 12.4 anymore, but would those 3rd party apps still be able to use that firmware anyway, and if I do restore from a backup, through iTunes, would it still be on 12.4?

This is so damn frustrating and I wish I woulda just left it alone but here I am and I appreciate any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.