Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
i have a music video on my pc at work which is around 4gb. i want to transfer it to my mac so i can burn it to watch on my dvd at home. i have been trying to burn this off of the pc but i dont think the burner does this since i keep putting a dvd into both drives and it keeps saying there is no media in the drive.

anyway to compress and email this? i am also trying to burn it as a data disc but now luck. any suggestions?

thanks!

drjekyl

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2003
Use FTP

Use any Network cable to connect your mac and the PC together. On the Mac, open system prefs and go to Sharing. In sharing, check the boxes next to 'FTP Access' and 'Remote Login'. Make sure those two, at least are turned on. Next, in System Prefs, go to Network and get to your Ethernet. Then select TCP/IP take note of your IP address. Now on the PC, open up Internet Exploder and type this in the address bar
ftp://username@macitpaddress

when prompted, enter your password and you should see the home directory of your mac. Drag any files from the PC and drop them into your mac's folders and vice versa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.