Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

regder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Picked up an ATV2 today and first think I did was update to 4.3 (should have stayed with the old firmware...) and have been attempting to jailbreak it every since. Downloaded the latest version of SeasOnpass, load it up, it gets to the plug your ATV in and hold menu and play for seven seconds, which I do and nothing happens. From what I understand, Seasonpass is supposed to automatically recognize that it's in DFU mode and launch itunes. This doesn't happen, Seasonpass just stays at the connect ATV screen.

I'm goings nuts here, please help

Quick iphone video to show what I'm (not?) doing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXR4GfJc9V0

Last edited:

regder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
So I was able to get it into DFU mode with the power cable plugged in. Seasonpass recognizes DFU and runs it's script, I then get an error from itunes along the lines of, unable to upgrade because the apple tv is not eligible for the requested build. When I try to manually point itunes to the modified firmware, it tells me that it's downgrading to 4.2, even though it's a 4.3 firmware.

Ahhhhh, I give up for tonight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.