Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quarksbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with advice and save me from googling something wrong. I have a PC built in to a specialty piece of equipment I want to upgrade HDD to SDD. The PC runs on Windows Embedded Standard 64bit Service Pack 1. Is there a way to completely, precisely clone that HDD with all of it's software, windows, etc, to a new SDD I bought? My hope is that I can create a complete clone of HDD onto the SDD and then simply swap the drives. Thanks a lot all!

jeff7117

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2009
I use a program called Acronis True Image to clone hard drives and make system image restore points on a set schedule. It will also clone from one drive to another if you need to swap drives.

Reactions: sracer

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
Have a look at Clonezilla. I haven't needed it in many years, but it was great for exactly the sort of thing you describe.

I've used Clonzilla pretty extensively. I actually copied HDDs to SSDs for 4 separate computers about 3 months ago. Worked great.

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
Recently changed my windows laptop to an SSD keeping the HDD in the second bay. Used Samsung's cloning software. Surprisingly it worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.