Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tygernoot

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
Brussels
When I boot my iBook it shows the gray apple screen and displays the message "sh-2.05a#" after a few seconds. I'm able to type, but I've no idea what to write! I'm leaving on holiday saturday morning and I really need to have a working laptop by that time! Can someone please help me to boot back into OSX, I'm really desperate here :(.

Thanks a lot,

Edward van Rijn.

Tygernoot

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
Brussels
Thanks, I just figured it out. I just did a system restore and everything is back to normal again. Really relieved because not only the kernel paniced, so did I :D.

Greetings,

Edward.

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
Originally posted by Tygernoot
Thanks, I just figured it out. I just did a system restore and everything is back to normal again. Really relieved because not only the kernel paniced, so did I :D.

Greetings,

Edward.
\
how did you do the restore? from cd? what about anything you updated?

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
That doesn't sound like a kernel panic if you were able to type at a prompt; it was most likely booting into the firmware...thats one place you don't want to be messing around unless you really know what you're doing...its like the BIOS of a pc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.