Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2001
colombia
there are a lot of rumors about new imacs but also steve said that this year will no be any other hardware i hope he is lying couse i want my imac these year i hope that brings a dvd instead a cdrw or both ,powerpc g4 couse i think g3 is getting old, maybe more viewable display space and new great colors or the past "flavors"

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
flavors would be kinda dumb and "fruity". and the g3 is not getting old. only if you are a hardcore graphics/video professional it is. other that that, it runs great for everything that the home user needs. and dvd on an imac sounds like a waste to me, just buy a dvd player

samir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2001
colombia
i belive too that a dvd to watch dvd movies on a imac is dumb but there are coming computer programs in dvd

appleman06

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2001
KY or NC, take your pick.
Myst III

I heard that Myst III on a dvd is coming out soon. This is the only logical reason I see for getting a DVD player in an imac. And I do think the "flavors" are kind of strange. I'd stay with the ones we have now, blue, gray,and white.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
agreed, a lot of prrograms are starting to use dvd discs-encyclopedias and such.

the only problem is that dvd drives spin and read slower, so when you are using a regular cd, you get dicked.

thecube84

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2001
ohio
agree to NO DVD

I definitly agree with the no dvd thing. DVDs on a desktop are a waste. Laptops are okay. The only exception is the DVD-Rs in the G4s. The coolness overrules the impracticalness :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.