Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
With 2985 photo apps to choose from at the app store I decided to ask for a recommendation. I desire an app that will allow photos to be named and sorted. I don't need to modify the photos but would be nice to be able to flip or rotate.

Last edited:

Onemorerun

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
AppAdvicew

Hey,this doesn't answer your question but may help.

I just download AppAdvice as it is free for a limited time. Still free. I was skeptical at first but it has some good reviews and lets you stay on top of what is current. You can also view by categories like photography.

Just throwing it out there.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
Hey,this doesn't answer your question but may help.

I just download AppAdvice as it is free for a limited time. Still free. I was skeptical at first but it has some good reviews and lets you stay on top of what is current. You can also view by categories like photography.

Just throwing it out there.

I downloaded AppAdvise on your recommendation and will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Checked out AppAdvise but it wasn't much help.

Still looking for recommendations. Ability to assign a name is a must.

Last edited:

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
I use flickstackr because it lets you back up your picture to Flickr, it has quite a bit of options for organizing your photo library into sets and collections, etc.
You can either download all the pictures from Flickr or keep them on their server. On the downside there is no passcode but I wouldn't keep private photos on Flickr either.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
I still have not found an app that will allow you to name a photo. I have downloaded photos from the internet of landscaping shrubs but I need to name them with the commen or botanical name. Can anyone recommend an app that will allow attaching a name to a photo.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
US
I found the following app that appears to fill the need…

Photo-Sort for iPad $1.99

Sort
Name
Flip
Rotate

I purchased this app. Easy to use and does the job well. Very happy! I recommend it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.