Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Narada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hi all,

I've been disappointed by so many printers in the past and have found it quite difficult to find a good quality wireless printer.

Could you please recommend a good wireless/airprint (both?) printer that you are happy with? My requirements are that I must be able to co-locate the printer in another room and print to it wirelessly from mac, pc, iphone and ipad. It must be an all-in-one printer also. Particularly I'm looking for the wireless functionality to be reliable and not dropping connections all the time.

Many thanks.

Reactions: scapegoat81

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
The burden is no just on the printer. How well does the other device handle a variable RF world. Also what is the environment like....are you walking around with the devices, using other devices that generate RF noise so that the signal to noise ratio is poor as seen by the printer?

Daisy81

Suspended
Dec 29, 2015
Virginia
I have been using a Epson work force for the last few years. It works like a charm on Windows, OS X and it has an iOS app for printing files off of it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: colodane

lo100469

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
I have a Canon IP110 that runs on battery (that is optional you can run only on AC). So far no connectivity issue, it has AirPrint and works on Mac and PC. Very small and portable.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I use an Epson Expression Home - XP322 All-in-One Printer, for general use its great - heavy use does the drain the ink a bit quick (as you'd expect)

Works every time for me via air print from any device, really easy to use and setup works great wit my MBP as well. I've literally had it off for a month turned it back on and then was air printing from my iPad 1 minute later.

I'm from the UK and I was able to get ink from Amazon really cheap, I haven't bought the (official) cartridges as I think there over priced, I was able to buy recycled cartridges for half the price and 4x times the quantity each has worked so far no problems.

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
I just went to the HP instant ink with an envy 5660 and could not be happier with the program. They mail you ink when its time and you pay monthly on a per page bundle. it rolls over to the next month too. Love it so far.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Canon MP495 was the model when I bought it 3 years ago.....never let me down, wireless printing and scanning, 2 iPhones, MBP, Windows lap top.....

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
In two of my offices we use an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw, and the M477fnw in my main office. HP's wireless direct feature sold me (they broadcast their own SSID, so no wireless access point needed although they can use an AP). Text and graphics are business-quality, we don't print out any photos so I can't offer advice there. Not one hour of downtime. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/laserjet-mfp/laserjet-pro-mfp-printers.html

I'm over inkjets so I have no advice there. Some of HP's inkjets have wireless direct (HP's brand name). I've used a couple of Canon's inkjets in the past, and I can't stand their implementation of wireless - I keep them around for scanning only and doorstops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.