Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
ok. my most favorite hermit crab just died, and i only had one photo of it. it's the only precious photo i have, and the quality of the photo isn't as good as i like it. i opened it up in photoshop, and tried to "sharpen" the image. i saved it and closed the program, then i realized that i forgot to make a backup. so here i have the only photo of one of my most favorite pets mesed up. :(

imagine that your dog and cat that you cared and loved so much has died, and you have only one photo that is messed up, and that you would do the best you can to restore it to the best quality you can. :(

i'm quite desperate to have my photo restored, it means a lot to me to have my photo back. it's like a photo of a deceased realitive that passed away a couple of months ago. :(

here is the photo. i have no skill, experience and concept to fix it back, so can anybody be willing to fix it up for me? :(

Attachments

• S4300718 A.jpg
    S4300718 A.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 289

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
darn limit. i splitted the photo in half A =left C = middle and D = right. sorry but i had to triple post.

Attachments

• S4300718 C.jpg
    S4300718 C.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 222

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
the final piece. "B" the right half is splitted further into 2 more photoes C and D, so there is A, C, and D. please help if you can.

Attachments

• S4300718 D.jpg
    S4300718 D.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 257

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I'll take a stab at it, but no promises. It looks as though the focal point is off the crab itself, more back on the food plate so getting the crab to be sharp is going to be nearly impossible. Do you have the file in a single piece or do you need it to be stitched together as well?

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
i have the picture as one piece. i had to chop it up because of the 244 kb maximum limit. can i email it to you? thank you for trying. the quality of the crab is more important than the background. the quality of the background is expendable.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
steelfist said:
i have the picture as one piece. i had to chop it up because of the 244 kb maximum limit. can i email it to you? thank you for trying. the quality of the crab is more important than the background. the quality of the background is expendable.

Sure, I'll send you a PM with my email addy and give it a shot. It's going to be tough with the focal point though....because that is on the background which is what I was saying before. I can give it a go, but I am by no means the best at this....

PM is on the way ;)

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
thanks. email is sent. just to let you guys know, i tried to "sharpen" the blurry original image with the smart sharpen, and i made both the radius and the percent way too high. i'm trying to find a way to reverse this effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.