Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
With multiple people randomly flooding with texts while your doing other stuff and the buttheads that send one word texts back to back, it's a pain in the arse to not go to the messages app.
Or how it randomly will show the other text that was interrupted
For the love of jeebus tell me there's tweaks that stop the other texts from taking center stage or even allow you to see the history instead like BiteSMS used to.
Anyone found something? I can't be the only one that hates iOS 8's setup of texting atm. It's like they copied Bite but left out the good stuff

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Smart thinking. Wish I woulda done that! lol :mad:

LOL... Wish I could take credit, but the fact is all the old devices around here are abandoned without updating once I move on to the next one, and I'm generally lazy with firmware updates. My iPhone 4 is still on iOS 5 something or other! (And holy crap, is that thing fast compared to the current bloatware.)

On topic, Messages+ and IMN are both available, but less than stellar. Rumors are the Auki will be updated, but I haven't heard a timetable, nor have I seen anything at all on Couria. And no rumors of anything new that would be a bite replacement.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
LOL... Wish I could take credit, but the fact is all the old devices around here are abandoned without updating once I move on to the next one, and I'm generally lazy with firmware updates. My iPhone 4 is still on iOS 5 something or other! (And holy crap, is that thing fast compared to the current bloatware.)

On topic, Messages+ and IMN are both available, but less than stellar. Rumors are the Auki will be updated, but I haven't heard a timetable, nor have I seen anything at all on Couria. And no rumors of anything new that would be a bite replacement.

Haha Well, I wish I was as patient as you. Like a doof I get carried away and have to update everything once it's "safe". But this all might've taught me a lesson lol
I looked the first 2 up in Cydia and I see what ya mean. Not super impressive. Auki could be good news though, it got a lot of traffic so more likely to try and be the replacement. I never used Couria though, what was it like?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Ma Jun said Messages was gonna get an update and I'm looking forward to Auki. Well anything atm just don't wanna spend more $ on messages+...

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Ma Jun said Messages was gonna get an update and I'm looking forward to Auki. Well anything atm just don't wanna spend more $ on messages+...

Oh really?!? That is AWESOME news. Messages is by far the best messaging tweak after BiteSMS. At least that's my opinion. But I was getting worried since it hasn't been updated yet. Great news. IF this comes out I won't feel as bad that bite is not here. Obviously I prefer bite but messages is a stellar alternate solution.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Oh really?!? That is AWESOME news. Messages is by far the best messaging tweak after BiteSMS. At least that's my opinion. But I was getting worried since it hasn't been updated yet. Great news. IF this comes out I won't feel as bad that bite is not here. Obviously I prefer bite but messages is a stellar alternate solution.

I emailed him about a month ago about it and he relied the same day saying that is was going to be updated from what I could piece together. Wouldn't hurt to shoot him another email. The more the better!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I emailed him about a month ago about it and he relied the same day saying that is was going to be updated from what I could piece together. Wouldn't hurt to shoot him another email. The more the better!

Awesome! I'll do just that. Ill let you know if he replies.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California

Good news there, I miss all the message app competition. With Bite gone it's like there's no rush in that area

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Good news there, I miss all the message app competition. With Bite gone it's like there's no rush in that area

I don't think it's the lack of Bite, I think with the continual improvement in Messages (don't get me wrong it's far from perfect), there's less demand for alternatives because some of those who used Bite\Message+ got the added features they wanted with the stock Messages in 8.x

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
I don't think it's the lack of Bite, I think with the continual improvement in Messages (don't get me wrong it's far from perfect), there's less demand for alternatives because some of those who used Bite\Message+ got the added features they wanted with the stock Messages in 8.x

You're prolly right. Hopefully the Cydia tweaks will eventually flow out lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.