Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ah678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
Hi, My iPhone Files app showing 2.77 Gb of data in 'iPhone storage' section, but I have only some word documents & pdf(just 80 Mb for sure) saved to 'On My iPhone' section of Files app. So anyone please tell me what could be this remaining almost 2Gb of data which I'm not aware of also which I can't even access, also its taking up that much space in iCloud back up, this I like to delete but wanna know what it is before that
InkedIMG_3641_LI.jpg

ah678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
In Settings > iCloud > Manage Storage > iCloud Drive you will see the names and file sizes of all files on your iCloud Drive. Whatever you don’t want, delete it.
but my icloud drive have just 11kb of files, so what would be the rest of 2 gb?

InkedIMG_3665_LI.jpg

[automerge]1595678493[/automerge]

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
but my icloud drive have just 11kb of files, so what would be the rest of 2 gb?

View attachment 937304
[automerge]1595678493[/automerge]
The Files app storage picture you posted is from iCloud. Something in your iCloud storage is using that amount. It should have shown to you like I mentioned a moment ago. I don’t know why it isn’t. Did you reboot the phone? Are you running iOS 13 or iOS 14 Beta?

ah678

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
The Files app storage picture you posted is from iCloud. Something in your iCloud storage is using that amount. It should have shown to you like I mentioned a moment ago. I don’t know why it isn’t. Did you reboot the phone? Are you running iOS 13 or iOS 14 Beta?
i tried rebooting so many times and im using ios 13.
I haven't downloaded any files from icloud drive section of files app to the phone for offline function. Also in this section of icloud storage, it always shows some KB, in fact i don't have any large files saved to my icloud drive by myself, i hardly use the cloud

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.