Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kangal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Hi all,
I just got Back to Mac after 7 exhausting years with several PCs. I've got a G5, loving it, but there is a big learning curve for me.

My personal web site has a lot of articles and a fair amount of photos. I used Netscape Composer, mostly, and an FTP application that Earthlink had provided me to manage my files. It needs a lot of work and updating...

I was hoping that my new G5 would have some freebie software included to let me do some web site tweaking, but if it's here, I am not seeing it.

What do you recommend? I prefer a WSYWYG editor that allows me to edit the code when I need to. And I need something to upload files with--simple and easy would be good.

Your help appreciated!

Siouxzi

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by alset
Try Dreamweaver. It's pretty solid.

second that. do a search on this topic in the forums and you'll find a lot of threads about HTML editors/dreamweaver/etc. here's a recent one:

thread

in a nutshell: dreamweaver does a very nice job of writing code for you, but also lets you get under the hood and do everything from minor tweaks to major hand-coding. it also has a built-in ftp manager, although that part isn't as full-featured as fetch or fugu, for instance. but good enough to upload pages & files, if that's all you're doing.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Re: Pls. advise on wsiwyg html editor, & publishing tools

Originally posted by kangal
Hi all,
I just got Back to Mac after 7 exhausting years with several PCs. I've got a G5, loving it, but there is a big learning curve for me.

My personal web site has a lot of articles and a fair amount of photos. I used Netscape Composer, mostly, and an FTP application that Earthlink had provided me to manage my files. It needs a lot of work and updating...

I was hoping that my new G5 would have some freebie software included to let me do some web site tweaking, but if it's here, I am not seeing it.

What do you recommend? I prefer a WSYWYG editor that allows me to edit the code when I need to. And I need something to upload files with--simple and easy would be good.

Your help appreciated!

Siouxzi

Hi

you can use Mozilla Composer http://www.mozilla.org which should be similar to the Netscape one. There is a OS X version

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.