Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
Hi there
I have a little problem with plug-ins for pro tools. I've installed all plug-ins that came with PT 7.0 (dev. partners, bomb factory, Xpand!) but can't find and use these inside the program. I see them in their path under library/digidesign/plugins and so on, but I don't understand why I can't choose them as inserts in PT. The only plug-ins available is audiosuite plug-ins, digidesigns own plug-ins. Seems like there's a second part of installation missing... I've read page up and down in both the PT manuals and the third party's manuals, but can't find anything. If I needed to authorize the plug-ins, PT would ask for it upon lauching (so I read anyway...)
Anybody have some knowledge on this? It's really anoying!
Another thing. Where can I download other plug-ins? Does anybody have links to nice plug-ins?
Thanks,
AB

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
they go here:
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

that is the system Library, not the user Library.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
hm, okay but I still don't get why I can't use them as inserts. When I launch PT it loads alot of stuff, including plug-ins like x-pand, moogerfooger etc.
Is there some installation missing?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
if they're in the right place, and if you see them being loaded while PT launches, then you should be able to see them when you select an insert. you're saying that you can't see them there, right, and not that you do but you can't use them.

some plugs work only on mono tracks, so check that's not the issue.

a few images may help here. like one with the plugs in the correct folder, and another of what you see when trying to do an insert.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
Yeah, I see the plug-ins loaded, but I can only choose between the digirack and some bomb factory plug-ins. To be specific: I create an instrument track, click the inserts, theres different eq, reverb, delay and modulation etc, but under 'instruments' theres only 'click'. The tracks are mono, so that's not the problem.
I don't know how to save an image of the settings, but do let me know and I'll return.
AB

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
apostrophe said:
To be specific: I create an instrument track, click the inserts, theres different eq, reverb, delay and modulation etc, but under 'instruments' theres only 'click'.
you know, i've never created an instrument track in PT. everything i work with is audio.

what are the specific plugs which are missing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.