Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
twitter banner.png

1200px-Download_on_the_App_Store_Badge.svg.png

Hey guys,
meet Plum Music Player, a new app that offers fresh take on music library management and playback by offering extensive sorting and filtering options as well as many awesome ways to manipulate the playback queue.

Unique features:
  • Spotify and local music from iTunes in one app
  • Instantly access your favourites from one screen
  • Create folders for albums, artists and playlists
  • Last.fm integration
  • Replace tracks in queue without interrupting current song's playback
  • Intuitive gestures for easy one-handed operation
  • Find any song from home screen with Spotlight and control the queue from Today Widget
  • Set home tab, customize layouts, colors, gestures etc.
Plum is free to download and offers 3-day trial which allows you to check out all of its features. There are no ads nor subscriptions, if you like the app you can unlock the premium features once and enjoy them forever!
Plum originally started as a hobby project, made while learning programming for iOS, but after time I became more and more frustrated with updates for stock Apple Music app and while there were many 3rd party alternatives, none of them captured the feel and simplicity of pre iOS 10 music apps. So I made one for myself, as I still use iTunes extensively, I've wanted Plum to make the most out of iTunes features, like ratings or playlist folders. Some time ago I've also started using Spotify, but quickly became frustrated how poor the mobile app is. It is clear that Spotify focuses on music discovery while managing the music you already added to the library really sucks. So I've worked hard on adding Spotify support and after few months it was finally ready and while not entirely bug-free, it works good enough for daily usage. That's why I created Plum and have been working on it for last 2 years.

1200px-Download_on_the_App_Store_Badge.svg.png

Follow the official page on Twitter for latest news regarding the development!

Last edited:
Reactions: mikzn

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
Plum 6.0 is right around the corner and it brings new, undeniably classy and beautiful design inspired by iOS 9 era!

single-nine.png

New design will be available to unlock via one time in-app purchase for 0.99$
Alternative Now Playing designs have been on my to-do list for a very long time, in fact I wanted to release this one along Plum 3.0 but it was already an enormous update so the feature has been pushed back. If you wish to see any more alternative UIs, let me know!

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
The new, exciting update has hit the App Store! Plum 6.0.1 introduces a lot of stuff and brings a ton on speed and reliability improvements.

It's really the best moment to try the app if you haven't already!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.