Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Anyone here gone from a standard iPhone to the plus sized model ? Toying with the idea of getting a 14 Pro Max and would like anyones thoughts ? I have big hands too - An octave plus 2 so possibly i am making more of an issue than I should....

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
The size is a bit much at first but after some use, I would never buy anything else. On my 3rd year of ProMax iPhones and have no regrets. The screen real estate and keyboard make the difference for me. The extra size is not a problem for me.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone here gone from a standard iPhone to the plus sized model ? Toying with the idea of getting a 14 Pro Max and would like anyones thoughts ? I have big hands too - An octave plus 2 so possibly i am making more of an issue than I should....
I went from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6 Plus. I still have both phones. But every phone after that has been the larger size (6s Plus and 11 Pro Max).

Took me less than 5 minutes to realize my iPhone 5 was too small a size for me. However, my ideal phone size is somewhere between an iPhone Max and an iPad Mini. So there is that.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
I had a plus model but went down to the regular. Had it for two years and was annoyed the entire time.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I’ve went from 13 to 13 PM and you’ll enjoy the benefits of better battery life on the larger phone.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

My brother used to say he doesn't want bigger than the (current) standard size. I got him the 15PM and now he doesn't want go back to the standard size.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015

Ditch the max. Too heavy. Get the Plus. All the phone most of us need. It's light and thinner than the max. Easier transition.

Reactions: Dsmith7

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
I dont go to the gym 5 times a week to wimp out on a good phone by it being a few grams heavier....:)

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
My vision is such that I need to use the larger models, and even then text can be hard to read. I only say this to illustrate that the answer to OPs question is that people can have quite different needs and preferences. I don't want to be disrespectful but it annoys me when I see questions that don't take this into account.
I apologize for being so blunt about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.