Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gospel9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I think I got a little over excited over this but the update has shown a lot of stability improvements.

But even more importantly, it seems that the developer has finally nailed down the finger accuracy right (almost perfect for my fingers anyway, and I dare say a lot better than Guitarist in this area).

The distortion effect has also been dramatically improved, along with the some updated sound samples.

Remember Guitarist offers no way to resizing the fretboard, and the sounds/effects are noticeably very different between the two apps.

My hats off to the developer for the continued support that's totally uncalled for. You would think that the last update where you could very easily scroll the frets was the end of the app's life... and now we have another update.

I am one happy iPhone guitarist :)

EDIT: Since I have bought Guitarist, I was not able to remove Pocket Guitar from my iPhone (and believe me I have tried!). I don't think I'll ever consider that again, they are actually not that overlapping. I do kind of wish that Guitarist offers a strum by chord style of play ... Thinking about buying Guitar (because Chord Play kind of sucks).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.