Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroBar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the Podcast app.

I downloaded several podcast episodes from a website as MP3 files.

I imported them to iTunes and changed the Media Kind to Podcasts.

However, when I sync them t my iPhone 4 many of the episodes don't show in the app.

"Other" space has grown in size and the episodes show in iTunes as having been synced and also in the spotlight search on the iPhone - however, selecting an episode from spotlight simply opens the Podcast app but doesn't play the episdoe or make it appear.

I have made several attempts. At one stage 12 episodes were "missing" and a few minutes ago I chose 2 episodes to sync and iTunes showed that it was syncing 3 episodes. When that completed, the "missing" 12 suddenly appeared in the app.

Now there is another problem - I just tried to sync episodes 1, 2 & 3 of the series but only two episodes are showing and both are named Episode 3 even one is clearly Episode 1 - and named correctly in iTunes.

The episodes will sync and play as music tracks but I'd really like to figure out why the Podcast app is being so difficult. Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.