Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
My podcast app in apple CarPlay no longer functions right . The onscreen buttons no longer respond. I have to control app from my phone. Can not navigate, start/stop, etc. from CarPlay screen. Started when I upgraded iOS. Other functions seem to work OK (iTunes,Maps).
Anybody else have an issue.

tcador

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Works ok for me, although I can't seem to load new podcasts from CarPlay itself, but if I choose them from the phone it works fine, although this appears to be a design decision rather than broken functionality if I had to guess.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
Works ok for me, although I can't seem to load new podcasts from CarPlay itself, but if I choose them from the phone it works fine, although this appears to be a design decision rather than broken functionality if I had to guess.
That is another symptom I have. I was always able to complete run the app with CarPlay. It displays the current podcast and starts to play it. If I want another one I have to use the phone to navigate to it. Also I can not stop or start the podcast from CarPlay. It is a shame because otherwise I love CarPlay

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
Mine works as it's supposed to, however I have noticed that Carplay seems a bit laggy with iOS 12...and I'm on a XS Max.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
Mine works as it's supposed to, however I have noticed that Carplay seems a bit laggy with iOS 12...and I'm on a XS Max.
Never thought to think it was the iPhone 6 causing the problem. Well I am about to purchase an XR will see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.