Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neutral Milk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
Is there a way to add podcasts or offline spotify from the phone onto the watch? That's what I generally listen to while running, and I don't see myself running sans phone without those options. Doesn't seem to be a direct way that I could quickly find.

Thanks!

SpEe1113

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Florida
Is there a way to add podcasts or offline spotify from the phone onto the watch? That's what I generally listen to while running, and I don't see myself running sans phone without those options. Doesn't seem to be a direct way that I could quickly find.

Thanks!

Not sure if you can add a podcast as part of your sync' playlist on the watch but I do know that Spotify doesn't have an app for the watch yet and there aren't any native 3rd party apps available yet either. We'll likely know more on native 3rd party apps in June after WWDC...

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA

Thanks!

Adding myself to this for future replies.

I'm at work so cannot try, but years ago, you used to be able to completely download podcasts from apple and put them in a playlist. This was certainly before their podcast app.

What I used to do, as I'm severely behind in my podcast, was to go to the website of the podcast and download it and add it manually to a playlist. It had more control such as fast forward and reverse than we have now in the Podcast app

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Adding myself to this for future replies.

I'm at work so cannot try, but years ago, you used to be able to completely download podcasts from apple and put them in a playlist. This was certainly before their podcast app.

What I used to do, as I'm severely behind in my podcast, was to go to the website of the podcast and download it and add it manually to a playlist. It had more control such as fast forward and reverse than we have now in the Podcast app

you can still do but it doesn't really with if you use iTunes match, because you would need to re-upload the whole podcast to your icloud account before it became available on your phone, then you would need to download it to the phone, and then sync it to the watch while both iphone and watch are being charged.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
you can still do but it doesn't really with if you use iTunes match, because you would need to re-upload the whole podcast to your icloud account before it became available on your phone, then you would need to download it to the phone, and then sync it to the watch while both iphone and watch are being charged.

Good thing I never sign up for ITunes match. Sweet. Guess I'm downloading podcasts this weekend :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.