Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulc130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
I listen to my podcasts on my phone more often than not using my headphones. But, when I want to play the next daily podcast, say on my Mac, it shows all episodes unplayed. I have to go back to my phone to remember which is the next unplayed episode. It's weird, because all my devices have synced to all show the same podcasts that I follow, they just don't sync the played and unplayed. I have checked the settings in each device and I do have the 'sync across all devices' option selected.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

paulc130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
The problem is, iCloud podcast sync sucks badly from the very beginning. It's beyond frustrating.
I guess, I just have to accept it's the way it is. I have found that when listening on my Mac, and they don't update, if I 'quit' the app each time I've listened to the latest episode, then when I re-open it everything is updated. However, it doesn't work on my iPhone. Everything on there is still showing as unplayed. Very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.