Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Hello all,

I had been trying to switch from Overcast and Pockets Casts to the built in Podcasts app. I have come to the conclusion that the app does not use banner or pop-up notifications and only uses badge notifications. While I can live with that, there are a couple other issues I'm having.

1. Is it possible to change the skip time buttons in iOS 8.4 (by default they are set at 15 seconds, I don't see any place to make this longer) - also anyone on iOS 9 who can provide insight as to whether this is changeable in the beta?

2. In my car when I hit the forward button on my Bluetooth receiver it skips to the next podcast, instead of using the seconds skip, is it possible to change this somehow, every other podcast app I have skips forward in time, not to the next podcast (again, if this is not changeable in 8.4 is there anyone on iOS 9 that can comment on whether this is fixed/optional in iOS 9)

Thanks!

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Hello all,

I had been trying to switch from Overcast and Pockets Casts to the built in Podcasts app. I have come to the conclusion that the app does not use banner or pop-up notifications and only uses badge notifications. While I can live with that, there are a couple other issues I'm having.

1. Is it possible to change the skip time buttons in iOS 8.4 (by default they are set at 15 seconds, I don't see any place to make this longer) - also anyone on iOS 9 who can provide insight as to whether this is changeable in the beta?

2. In my car when I hit the forward button on my Bluetooth receiver it skips to the next podcast, instead of using the seconds skip, is it possible to change this somehow, every other podcast app I have skips forward in time, not to the next podcast (again, if this is not changeable in 8.4 is there anyone on iOS 9 that can comment on whether this is fixed/optional in iOS 9)

Thanks!

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
"In my car when I hit the forward button on my Bluetooth receiver it skips to the next podcast, instead of using the seconds skip, is it possible to change this somehow, every other podcast app I have skips forward in time, not to the next podcast"

in iOS 9 t still works this way, which is stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.