Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDFan

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Sent the following to Apple via Feedback:

I often have a terrible time figuring out where the focus point is on the display when selecting controls. I end up pinching on the wrong control. For example in Spire Blast I often can’t tell which block is currently selected since the color shift is relatively small on selection. If there were a dot showing my focus point it would make things much easier.

Their response:

Thank you for taking the time to file this report. We are hoping to gather some additional information:

Please try Pointer Control in Settings > Accessibility > Interaction > Pointer Control

- Does this resolve the issue?

My response:

Thanks. That is what I was looking for.

The pointer circle is rather wobbly though. While writing this on my Mac virtual display it wobbles a lot even though my eyes are fixed in position. Trying to edit a word in Excel the circle wobbles over the entire word making it impossible to position a cursor between characters.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I’ve had the same problem in Spire Blast. Even in others apps the ind for what is selected is often too subtle. Then again I think this is a problem with interfaces today in general. On Apple TV I almost always have to move the current selection down and back to make sure the pointer really is on what I want. It may look sleek and futuristic but it’s not very useable.

HDFan

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I have been in communication with the Spire Blast developers. Evidently making the color change more obvious when selected is not possible for some reason. The focus point is about the same size as one of the blocks. When it wobbles it selects the wrong block. Sent them the suggestion to make the block sizers larger so that the wobble is contained within a block.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.