Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you use to Polish your stainless steel Apple Watch?

• Autosol

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cape Cod

• Something else? Post below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I recently purchased a Series 2 stainless steel Apple Watch. I read lots online about remove scratches and gave Cape Cod a try.

Using Cape Cod, it removed fine scratches and marks but nothing else. Autosol works on deeper scratches better, and it feels thicker, so it must be more coarse.

So, my steps were to use Autosol initially with a Q Tip, to control where I polished. Then I used Cape Cod to go over the same areas, then buffed with a micro fibre cloth. Once buffed, I washed the watch to remove any residue near the screen (which doesn't scratch with autosol or cape cod) and the results are great! Fine marks and scratches have gone, but because there are no fine scratches, the larger ones stand out more. But it definitely looks better to my eyes. I will take some photos and post them later.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
329C5515-1E46-4C46-B2C5-256FE393602C.jpeg
B5B648D0-0C5C-4F92-97A5-B5EA11DCAA07.jpeg

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I recently purchased a Series 2 stainless steel Apple Watch. I read lots online about remove scratches and gave Cape Cod a try.

Using Cape Cod, it removed fine scratches and marks but nothing else. Autosol works on deeper scratches better, and it feels thicker, so it must be more coarse.

So, my steps were to use Autosol initially with a Q Tip, to control where I polished. Then I used Cape Cod to go over the same areas, then buffed with a micro fibre cloth. Once buffed, I washed the watch to remove any residue near the screen (which doesn't scratch with autosol or cape cod) and the results are great! Fine marks and scratches have gone, but because there are no fine scratches, the larger ones stand out more. But it definitely looks better to my eyes. I will take some photos and post them later.
I use Meguiars aluminum wheel polish..

Reactions: honglong1976

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
I love Autosol so much that some members have accused me of being paid to market their products here. I’ve used it on every stainless iPhone once they start looking dingy and kept my S0 Apple Watch looking like new for years. I use cotton pads, though. A cotton swab seems like it could be a little rougher to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.