Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Sun Baked said:
Just saw one that looked like it was 15 lines long-- in default text -- and the posts were only a single/couple/few lines.
If you report posts with much larger than average (i.e., huge) signatures, your friendly neighborhood moderators can issue suitable warnings.

Well I can tell you I don't have any Politacal statements in mine :D :rolleyes: ... But I did not know it bothered any one, well if its ture, I will remove it... I see nothing wrong with it, but since I can not vote I wanted to do something to help Bush... Thats my two cents...

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
paulypants said:
Impact? Pleeeease, the only impact that cardboard signs have is to divide local communities into opposing support groups for our grandiose two party system in which there is no right or wrong choice. If this were an exercise in free speech than they should be speaking out with their own voices and creating their own signs instead of buying into the two party propaganda wagon.

what is most unfortunate is that campaign buttons, signs and the like -- what were once considered means of opening conversations -- are now considered by most of their wielders to be weapons to shut down any debate. how "tolerant" we all are now... of everyone except those with whom we disagree.

pathetic.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
vixapphire said:
what is most unfortunate is that campaign buttons, signs and the like -- what were once considered means of opening conversations -- are now considered by most of their wielders to be weapons to shut down any debate. how "tolerant" we all are now... of everyone except those with whom we disagree.

pathetic.

LA must be rough, I've had great conversations with people of the opposite political ideas; I still think they're wrong and missing many big ideas, but I have enjoyed thinking about the state of the world with them.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
As long as they are not false or malicious I don't really mind. The political attack sigs are the ones that occaisionally bug me. Being apart of the process is not a bad thing.

I think people are sick of politics in general right now, but that is not about to end anytime soon I don't think.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
maybe this thread should be called.

Do you hate free speech as much as i do?

i know the obvious replies to this but really...isnt that what this thread is about? to be honest i hate free speech when its in total opposition to my beliefs but hey...learning to deal with it is called maturing.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Doctor Q said:
If you report posts with much larger than average (i.e., huge) signatures, your friendly neighborhood moderators can issue suitable warnings.
Found him, and his long 20 line signature is much shorter now. :D

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
beatle888 said:

i know the obvious replies to this but really...isnt that what this thread is about? to be honest i hate free speech when its in total opposition to my beliefs but hey...learning to deal with it is called maturing.

Maybe I should start a new thread called:

Read the thread before you post in it.

Reading it before you post is something like thinking before you post. This would be considered maturity too. ;)

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
beatle888 said:

Stop that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.