Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which are you? (iPad 2 only)

• Upgraded to iOS7 and sticking with it.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Upgraded, but returning to iOS6.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Intend to upgrade to iOS7 soon.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Haven't upgraded, sticking with iOS6.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Markyyy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Hi. I'm an iPad 2 owner. I installed iOS7 last night, but it seems slower than iOS6 and it just doesn't look great on iPad 2, so I've downgraded back down to iOS6.

What's iOS7 on iPad 2 like for you, so far?

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
Hi. I'm an iPad 2 owner. I installed iOS7 last night, but it seems slower than iOS6 and it just doesn't look great on iPad 2, so I've downgraded back down to iOS6.

Slower? yes. Do I regret ? No

I have installed the Beta 6 on my iPad 2 and it was horrible. Then installed the GM(which was the public release) and it was much better than beta 6. Of course it will be bit slower than iOS 6 because it has two years old hardware but it is not unusable at all.

bigred7078

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2010
USA

Mine has been every so slightly buggy... keyboard lag here and there, extra slow/choppy animations at times, and i've seen some odd issues trying to turn on the screen (like turning on/off really fast). I fully expect these bugs to be addressed by a future update, but if they are not, then shame on Apple.

Disregarding the current bugs, I think it looks really nice. The animations are a bit more annoying on the larger screen compared to the 5, but it's ultimately not a big deal since I imagine it just takes some getting used to it. Everything else seems to be running just fine, so no regrets here. :)

Honestly, I do miss the old multi-tasker bar on the iPad...Swiping up with four fingers made it really easy to see several of the frequently used apps at once and switch between them. With the new card style, I can only see three open windows at once. It certainly looks nicer than before, but I find it less functional at the moment. Overall, this is not a big deal to me since I really only use the iPad to browse the web, watch some netflix, an organize my calendar but Some more power users may have some issues with the changes.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I am one to always upgrade right away, and I did with my iPhone, but I am holding off on my ipad 2, as I've heard iOS 7 is not such a great experience there. Would love to hear that I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.