Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

(Opinion) Is it dangerous to leave old PowerPC Macs plugged in, right next to where you sleep?

• Yes! Those old power supplies are unreliable!

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • No, it’s fine.

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
Creepy guy has been holding back! Who needs lungs, right? I’ll throw in a cornea, too.

Creepy guy (I call him “creepy” because of his visage-oriented brand mark and cutesy signature, both of which, for my own reasons, ring as red flags) doesn’t need our hard-earned scratch. Other scrupulous sellers who, incidentally, have just what one needs, can, do, and will turn up. The challenge is to be patient. :)

Old Man McGuggins

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2023
Creepy guy has been holding back! Who needs lungs, right? I’ll throw in a cornea, too.
Someone was selling a bundle of certainly great electronics a while back on craigslist/Facebook marketplace near me and it was 1500 bucks, with one of those laptops (that wouldn't even start), a blood pressure meter, ipod touch (cracked) and a brand new usb cable.

It's also was in the less than nice near unlivable area of the city. More specifically, it's listed as in the middle of a few intersecting highways. I'm concerned for the sellers sanity and safety both

Old Man McGuggins

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2023
Creepy guy (I call him “creepy” because of his visage-oriented brand mark and cutesy signature, both of which, for my own reasons, ring as red flags) doesn’t need our hard-earned scratch. Other scrupulous sellers who, incidentally, have just what one needs, can, do, and will turn up. The challenge is to be patient. :)
I've seen em for 250. Not great or in my range but better. If anyone John-Hancocks an image of the item with their name TWICE then calls it a "(insert name) EXCLUSIVE" run for it.

That whole signing thing makes me think of Jon Arbuckle. Not the guy to trust for computers. The guy for lasagna though.

Oh no....now you've got me paranoid about my avatar pic :D

Now why would I be thinking of anything negative about your avatar? It’s not like you use it as a transparency watermark on all your screencaps of things you make happen on your Tiger and Leopard systems, coupled with a cutesy “signature” of your full name, also transparency-watermarked. :D

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
It’s not like you use it as a transparency watermark on all your screencaps of things you make happen on your Tiger and Leopard systems, coupled with a cutesy “signature” of your full name, also transparency-watermarked.
That's clearly where I'm going wrong - I want to be an internet success story! Now where is my "live, laugh, love" font collection....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.