Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When do you update your phone/device?

• Never.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TC_GoldRush

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
Nevada, USA
When do you update your phone or device? I personally never update my devices unless I have to. I have an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.3.3, and a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. iMac running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks, PC running Windows 7.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I used to update most of my Apple devices' OS as they came out, or shortly afterwards.

After updating my iPad Mini 2 from iOS 8 to iOS 9, I became scared to updating. It made the Mini unusable.

On my main Mac, I am still on 10.11, and I don't plan on ever updating the OS on it. But, if I did, at least I could go back to an older Mac OS. Too bad I can't do that with iOS devices.

I haven't tried iOS 11 on any of my devices due to being scare being stuck with it if I have problems.

Reactions: TC_GoldRush

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Funny, I usually update my Android phones as soon as the updates roll out, but I tend to shy away from iOS releases. iOS often comes with new bugs, performance slowdowns, and battery issues. Although I would rush to get 10.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.