Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who is your wireless carrier?

• AT&T

Votes: 114 32.7%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 91 26.1%
  • Verizon

Votes: 104 29.8%
  • Sprint

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 26 7.4%

• Total voters

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Who is your wireless carrier? How do you like them, and how is their coverage? Vote in the poll and discuss.

Note: This poll is geared toward US users.
[doublepost=1482900714][/doublepost]I've got Verizon and love them for their excellent coverage. I've also had AT&T which was great, and Sprint, which was terrible. I haven't had T-Mobile but am interested in their unlimited data, but have reservations about going with them as I've heard stories about dropped calls and seen maps like OpenSignal showing less strength in coverage vs Verizon or AT&T.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Verizon. Their coverage works best for us as my fiancé is a taxi driver and he drives way out in the country a lot, which he always has service. With AT&T and T-Mobile, he didn't have the best luck.

Reactions: iModFrenzy

Classic_Mac

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Indianapolis, IN
I have T-Mobile. The speed is pretty good. I get pretty good coverage as well. You can't really beat having unlimited everything for the price. This is the speed I am getting right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.PNG
    IMG_0241.PNG
    277.4 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: Freakonomics101

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
T-Mobile. Doesn't work outside most of the major urban areas but the price is decent. It is also unlimited data and I haven't been throttled.

Another cool aspect of me being on the older JUMP! plan is that I could literally have more than one EIP on my single phone line. So essentially pay for as many phones as I want and switch them out when I want. I am debating doing that with my 6s and getting a 7+.

I only trade in under JUMP if I haven't paid much into it or the phone I choose had a low resale value.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
o2 in the U.K.

Coverage is getting better-they are working with Vodafone and rolling out 4G all of the time.

My airtime plan includes "unlimited" streaming for audio which is great for Apple Music.

Am happy with them so far.

jshtroutman

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Switched from Verizon to T-mobile last year. I live in a semi rural area and Verizon service is generally good in this area but inside my home would have poor reception with constant dropped calls. Switched to T-Mobile and problem fixed. Much better service in my home and surrounding area. I have noticed however coverage isnt as good overall when traveling throughout the state. I am on the T-Mobile One plan. Plan is great not having to worry about data. Only drawback I have found is hotspot data is reduced to slow speeds. Not a deal breaker for me. One could pay extra to get full 4g speeds though.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
My 7+ is on ATT and has been for years. Overall very happy here in Southern California. Have spare Moto X PE on TMobile and when my ATT phone has little or no coverage somewhere, it seems TM has full strength. TMobile better coverage in town? Maybe. BUT, I know on the outskirts of town that TM would be non-existent and so I have to keep ATT.

Speed tests (when I run them) are very fast on both.

steveh552

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2014
I have been on T-Mobile for over two years and have been nothing but happy with them. Only two places have I been without signal and one of those places nobody has signal.

I am in Columbus Ohio and travel some, I also do Uber so my phone is always being used and I have had no issues. My son was visiting his mom in Texas and they have a limited internet at their home and she would not let him connect to wifi, he used over 70gigs before Binge On was around just streaming HD videos and had no problems.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Verizon for about 7 years before that I had Sprint for 16 years

While my bill looks like a car note for an economy car (6 lines,4 iPhone 7 pluses on dpp) I don't have to manage my account - my bills are correct and my service quality is A1.

With Sprint I called in bimonthly because either my bill was wrong, my services weren't right or a discount magically fell off. But because I had a killer retention plan I stayed in the dysfunctional relationship 16 years too long

Last edited:

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I'm on AT&T living just outside Philadelphia, PA. The voice and data coverage work the best for me, and I get a pretty good discount with my company which keeps my monthly bill relatively reasonable.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I was an AT&T customer for about 15 years, but this year I switched to Verizon. I live about 20 miles south of Portland, Oregon. Verizon LTE is 4-6 times faster than AT&T in quite a few places. They've got coverage in most of the AT&T dead spots that I knew about. There are a few spots where AT&T worked fine, but Verizon doesn't. I have heard horror stories about T-Mobile where I live, so they unfortunately don't get a chance.

Reactions: appygirl82

eduschean

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2014
I've had T-Mobile for 2 years now. I live on the South side of Chicago. I've witnessed first hand The improvements on their network. I also have unlimited data which is keeping me from going anywhere as well. To those debating the switch, I say go for it as long as you have coverage at home and work.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
AT&T
4x iPhone
1x iPad

Verizon
3x iPad

T-Mobile Free 200MB Data
2x iPad
1x Nexus

That usually guarantees coverage anywhere I go. Been considering switching the phones to T-Mobile but they just don't have coverage where I need it most. The 200MB free data, I pretty much just use for running speed tests to check for coverage.

Reactions: Channan

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Always been Verizon. Coverage starts 10 miles away from home instead of AT&Ts 15 miles.:) The big carrier around here is USCellular, but they dont have good coverage when we travel.

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
AT&T. Joined them back when that was the only way you could get an iPhone. Haven't seen an overwhelming reason to change since then.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Just went to Verizon after all of my cell-owning days on T-Mobile. T-M had fine coverage but nothing in my office (Willis Tower) and Verizon is just all around faster and only slightly more expensive w/ student discount.

Honeymoon

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2016
Jersey Shore, NJ
Verizon. Their coverage has been the best for me. I do a lot of traveling and rarely have coverage problems. I used to be on AT&T, and I had dropped calls multiples times every day. Verizon's a bit pricey but it's for the quality of the service. Their customer service has gone downhill though.

Digger148

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
I have my main phone service with Virgin Mobile USA. Very happy with them. I've been with them since 2004. Service is good in the places I travel most (Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Indianapolis). I get my iPhone for at least $100 less (I like to pay for my device up front) than my son pays with T-Mobile and I know my total bill will be $32.60 every month (instead of the $81 he's charged) for unlimited everything.

gaps

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Verizon, hands down. They may be more expensive but you get what you pay for. I've traveled all over the U.S. from major cities to Rural America and Verizon constantly has the better network. I was with ATT the last 3 years (I took the $650 bait to switch from Verizon thinking it couldn't be that much worse, boy was I wrong) and it was terrible. No service inside my house but there were 3 towers within 3 miles of me....Recently switched back to Verizon and it is solid.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
With Sprint I called in bimonthly because either my bill was wrong, my services weren't right or a discount magically fell off. But because I had a killer retention plan I stayed in the dysfunctional relationship 16 years too long
There's a customer (bluecobalt) on sprintusers.com who's still doing this. He stays because he got his phones free for all his problems.

He literally has to check his account every day to make sure Sprint isn't messing it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.