Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
I still only find few cases with external bay and USB-C.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I dunno, at Amazon, I just typed in usb-c external drive case and got a lot of hits Newegg has a bunch too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
I did not say external case, PC case with external bays.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
They don't have a USB-C filter.

Only 27 out of 2583 models in Europe have both external bay and USB-C.

Only 20 are "3.1". None of them has more than two 5.25" external bays.
What exactly are you looking for? Rather than telling us what you don't want, it would be more productive to say exactly what you are looking for.
USB 3.0 is more than fast enough to use with any hard drive, and there's no performance improvement for them by finding a native USB-C enclosure.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
And you think they will come on this website to read the requirement of the general population?
Many organizations monitor websites.
[doublepost=1561804035][/doublepost]
LOL, no they won't. Have you reached out to any of the vendors and asked? Seems like you want to relish in not being able to do what you want.
I disagree. It is easier to post your findings on a popular website than contacting every vendor.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Many organizations monitor websites.
Oh, I'm sure Cosair, Cooler Masters and NZXT all have people and systems dedicated to monitoring MacRumors because there's so much call of PC cases on a Mac site :p

I disagree. It is easier to post your findings on a popular website than contacting every vendor.
No skin off my nose, you'd rather complain then find an actual solution. I'm not the one losing out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Oh, I'm sure Cosair, Cooler Masters and NZXT all have people and systems dedicated to monitoring MacRumors because there's so much call of PC cases on a Mac site :p

No skin off my nose, you'd rather complain then find an actual solution. I'm not the one losing out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you look close, this is not a Mac subforum. And this site is just a focus group.

The solution is for many cases with USB-C + external bay to come out.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you look close, this is not a Mac subforum. This site is just a focus group.
Call it what you will, PC makers are not monitoring Mac fans sites for insight on how to design new PC cases :rolleyes:

The solution is for many cases with USB-C + external bay to come out.
Too bad, you're not willing to contact the very people who make cases but rather complain on a Mac site and expect those PC makers to monitoring Mac sites, see your post and reach out to you

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Call it what you will, PC makers are not monitoring Mac fans sites for insight on how to design new PC cases :rolleyes:

Too bad, you're not willing to contact the very people who make cases but rather complain on a Mac site and expect those PC makers to monitoring Mac sites, see your post and reach out to you
That is what you believe.

I don't want the vendors to reach out to me, I want them to think about what products they can offer that don't exist already. The best way to do this is by broadcast.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX

whats ironic is, this is really the most active forum for windows than any of the Windows news websites i use. Windows Central(which I despise) Neowin, onMSF, tenforums, surfaceforums.net and even Windows or Surface Reddit lol. This subforum is the first go to when I have a problem lol and it's on a Mac site, the irony lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.