Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuxing

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Have been using my iPad 3G for 10days now.
Initially itself I noticed the screen had poor response compared to iPhone.

Installed some cydia apps and had problem with screen alignment , but that seems to be corrected now.
The screen response continues to be poor... Actually it's worsening ...
By poor response I mean, touch is often not registered , so I have to touch several times for the same button. In safari often makes mistakes while clicking links. In drawing apps at times strokes are not registered. At times it's altogether frustrating.
I love to hope it's a firmware issue, so that it may be corrected by the next firmware. But seeing nobody is reporting this I am scared of thinking it's a hardware problem. And I live in india, so no genius bar around for iPad now.

jkrutch

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2008

Installed some cydia apps and had problem with screen alignment , but that seems to be corrected now.
By poor response I mean, touch is often not registered , so I have to touch several times for the same button. In safari often makes mistakes while clicking links. In drawing apps at times strokes are not registered. At times it's altogether frustrating.
I love to hope it's a firmware issue, so that it may be corrected by the next firmware. But seeing nobody is reporting this I am scared of thinking it's a hardware problem. And I live in india, so no genius bar around for iPad now.

I have noticed similar issues. Not all touches seem to be recognized. I think it is overlooked by many....just my guess. I think some might just think they "missed" the touch....just my .02 worth.

jeff0468

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Hi

I had the same issue -returned to the store and got replacement - my new one works perfectly

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
FWIW, I have never experienced this on mine. In fact, for me it is the opposite. iPad much more responsive than my iPhone.

tuxing

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Hi

I had the same issue -returned to the store and got replacement - my new one works perfectly

Was your screen problem generalized or localized?
How severe was it?
What docs you need for a replacement?

jeff0468

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Was your screen problem generalized or localized?
How severe was it?
What docs you need for a replacement?

Hi - it was the lower half of the screen .... It was difficult to use the keyboard -- I called the 1-800 first and got a case number and then made appointment with genius .. I did register it when I first plugged it into iTunes ..... The service was A1 -- did not need my original receipt. Hope this helps

tuxing

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Hi - it was the lower half of the screen .... It was difficult to use the keyboard -- I called the 1-800 first and got a case number and then made appointment with genius .. I did register it when I first plugged it into iTunes ..... The service was A1 -- did not need my original receipt. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info.
Screen problem on my iPad 3G is generalized.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

Since it's obviously jailbroken, that could very well be the problem. I played around with jailbreaking my iPad, but found to be very flakey and laggy and had a lot of app crashes. It UI seemed to be sluggish as well.

tuxing

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Since it's obviously jailbroken, that could very well be the problem. I played around with jailbreaking my iPad, but found to be very flakey and laggy and had a lot of app crashes. It UI seemed to be sluggish as well.

Yeah that's a possibility. Let's see if the updates fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.