Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
51TgSFCgjKL._SX385_.jpg

A new speaker for my iPhone 6. In its current state, the phone rattles en creaks at every sound. Never noticed until someone else received a new iPhone 6. Same model, whoooole different soundquality. Time to get my iFixit tools out of the cupboard again ;)

As explained in the "what hasn't arrived yet" topic, my phone rattles en creaks when it makes a sound. It just doesn't sound good. The iPhone 6 of a friend (same model) has a way better sound. So, i removed the loudspeaker, replaced it with a new one. And yet, no improvement. Now what?

On iFixit, someone responded to the replacement guide, that his fix was the battery. A new battery, and suddenly his sound was fixed as well. Does anyone think this is an option? Because to me, replacing it is a very feasible option, as I'm planning to transfer all the iPhone 6 guts into a new white coated aluminium back housing. Therefor, I need to remove the battery as well, so why not replace the 2 year old thing?

Any suggestions?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I look at it this like it's process of elimination. You already replaced the speaker and it didn't help. If replacing the battery is worth it to you and you are transferring over all the internal complements anyways, then it might be the answer. The only thing I Would suggest is using an OEM battery if possible to potentially avoid any issues, which may or may not have an effect on this. Just my thoughts.

I would be curious to know if this resolves the issue. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.