Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swinny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2002
Oxford, UK
Does anyone have any experience of using portable chargers with the iPhone? Do any work?

Am going away camping for a week and would like to have the iPhone with me for phone and the odd bit of entertainment if necessary - but might not have access to power to keep it running for 5/6 days.

So any experiences with the cheap wind-up or AA battery chargers (or the more expensive alternatives) working with the iPhone?

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
i never liked the idea of external battery combine with a case, it looks too clumsy to me.

i love the richard solos, they have 1800mah and 1200mah versions, i prefer the 1200mah because of its dimensions.

Fugitivo8

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
What about solar chargers? does anyone had any experience with them?

I am going camping for a week with no car or outlet. The only way I can think of charging them is solar I think.

Do anyone recomend?

thank you

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
The Imax IMP500 is what I use. You can recharge your iPhone 4.5 times with it. I can even have it hooked up in my purse while going around. I can have it hooked up while watching videos on a plane and still have a fully charged phone when arriving at my destination.

p1068520175-3.jpg

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
I use the Just Mobile Gum Pro (4400mah) works like the iMax charger and you can charge it while you charge the iPhone too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.