Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zim

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Not sure if this is the best location to post this but I am looking for reviews on portable DVD players. I have a show coming up and I need to find a way to exhibit my work that does not involve a projector. My first thought was getting a portable DVD player, one that can been seen as a flat panel, and mounting on a board (possibly building a frame for it too).

If you have a portable player and could give me a review I would appreciate it. Cnet has some reviews but not very good ones. From what I have seen it looks like I should stay with a name brand.. I will need to run DVD-R discs in it too.

Some of the ones that I have seen can swivel.. sony has a wireless screen system.. looking to spend about 200 so I think it will end up being either a 7 or 8 inch screen.

Other suggestions have been to buy a PSP and mount a frame around it. My only issues with that is that portable DVD players typically come with remotes so I would be able to turn it off and on etc..

Video iPods would be cool but I would prefer the 7 inch screens in the portables.

HEHE I think I am babbling now.

Thanks to any suggestions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.