Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fourhand2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hey guys, thought I'd chime in to see if anyone else is making a personal/portfolio site optimized for iPhone. I am a student/work in the design field, so I thought it might be kind of a cool little gimmick for a job interview if I can show them my portfolio on my iPhone.

Right now what I'm working on is at http://www.willwooten.com/iphone if you want to check it out. There's nothing in the way of real content there at the moment.. Just the shell of the website. Took me awhile to get the navigation working right. Does anyone know how I can automatically make the site scroll up when it loads so that the address bar doesn't show? Because right now you have to scroll down to get rid of it.

So check it out, and let me know if you're working on anything similar. I want to take a look at what others are doing.

-Will

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
After reading this post I finally decided to go ahead and try to make an iPhone web page "web app". It actually was easier than I thought. While it's not a personal portfolio it falls into a similar category in that it's not intended for the public but a specific group of people. I make photo tour sites for real estate agents so I decided to use this as a test to see what all I could do. The icons at the top do what they would appear to do. The Map icon will access the map program and point to the listing address. The Mail icon accesses the iPhone mail program and initiates an email to a predetermined email address (real estate agents email). The phone icon initiates a phone call to a predetermined phone number (real estate agent phone number). The notepad displays the title of the current room/scene being displayed. The column on the left lists the rooms and the column on the right shows thumbnails of the selected room once tapped it goes to the slideshow for that room scene.
http://celebrationmarketingsolutions.com/iphonetest/
Screenshot-1.small.jpg

The only thing I would like to do is set it so the address bar goes up once the pages load completely if anyone know how to do this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.