Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DFA1979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
i have an imac g5, with a high display set. i am trying to create a website but if i look at my website on a pc or something lower it messes up all my settings. is there a way to set the settings while making my website. by the way i am using dreamweaver 8. im hoping my message is clear. thx

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
DFA1979 said:
i have an imac g5, with a high display set. i am trying to create a website but if i look at my website on a pc or something lower it messes up all my settings. is there a way to set the settings while making my website. by the way i am using dreamweaver 8. im hoping my message is clear. thx

Its not clear, but you have design for a standard monitor resolution. The standard to design for is 800x600. Appx, 30% of your viewers will be using that size. So you really don't want to make anything on your website wider than 750px, including your images, tables or div widths.

Or you can make them a %, also known as dynamic outling websites. This way you can fill the screen, but you still can't have any images wider than 750px. This is the more "liquid" way to create a website. It will be a % of the web browser window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.