Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrnostalgic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2022
So, the last few days i’ve noticed when im on my phone it suddenly starts doing wierd stuff without me touching the screen myself.

For example i was watching a youtube video and all of a sudden it started fast forwarding the video without myself touch the screen.

The other day i was victim of fraudulent purchases from my paypal, could it be somebody has gained access to my phone and is able to control it? And if so, how do i fix it?

Factory reset?

Mrnostalgic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2022
Thanks alot, for the fast reply. I read something about that, its never been replaced. But it is getting old.

Maybe i should just take my xr in use and, though its too new version to be able to jailbreak yet :/

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Very likely iPhone is not hacked. But if it makes you feel better, change your Apple ID password and PayPal password. Odd screen behavior could just be a fantom touch.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Your touch system is getting inputs from the defective array. As per PayPal, more likely that's an actual unauthorized transaction due to an easily guessed password.

Update your password for your relevant financial institutions and make an appointment at Apple to diagnose your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.