Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some offer something like that for in-app notifications, but I don't think it can be done for regular system/iOS notifications on that level.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
I checked the notification settings, but I didn't see them... I don't want the Outlook app to vibrate, ever.

The vibrations are under the 'Sounds' option in notification settings. If 'Sounds' are enabled you will be notified by sound and vibration. Turn this option to off and all you will receive from that application are the on screen notifications like badges or NC prompts.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The vibrations are under the 'Sounds' option in notification settings. If 'Sounds' are enabled you will be notified by sound and vibration. Turn this option to off and all you will receive from that application are the on screen notifications like badges or NC prompts.
If I turn sound off, it won't vibrate either?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well that will stop vibration in in coming ring also!!! I want vibration in incoming call. Not for any incoming msgs. or mails.
You didn't really mention much of that in your post. You can configure the sound settings for message and mail notifications not to use vibrate.

cipo4u

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
You didn't really mention much of that in your post. You can configure the sound settings for message and mail notifications not to use vibrate.
I did same. But still Vibrating in Outlook and Whatsapp incoming mails and mags. I'm sick of this vibration now.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I did same. But still Vibrating in Outlook and Whatsapp incoming mails and mags. I'm sick of this vibration now.
Third party apps use the system setting related to vibrate for ring. As mentioned earlier in the thread, some offer an option to control that in their settings sometimes, but most do not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.