Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rambler358

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Torrance, CA
I recently purchased a new late 2015 27" iMac with the Core i7 and the M395X 4gb GPU. I've got Bootcamp installed and was able to play Borderlands 2 with no issues. So I install Far Cry Primal and find the default setting at 4K to make gameplay quite laggy. But when I try switching to another resolution the game doesn't take up the full screen, but a window that I don't care for and just doesn't seem right. I was wondering if I could play this game at 1080p full screen some how?
EDIT: Sorry - Thread title should indicate Windows and not OS X.

Last edited:

rambler358

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Torrance, CA
Well, in case anyone's interested, I resolved the issue. You need to set the Windows 10 resolution to what you want Far Cry Primal to be, and then the game will allow you to play at that resolution.

rambler358

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Torrance, CA
And it t looks like this game doesn't play very well with the latest iMac, AMD m395x graphics and Windows 10. I've encountered a few black screens with "the display driver has stopped responding", and it's gotten to the point I can't continue the game because of this issue. From Google searching, the issue isn't specific to this game either. Looks like we'll have to wait for Apple to provide some driver updates to resolve this.

rambler358

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
Torrance, CA
I didn't own the iMac, but can you use the AMD Crimson driver, rather than the Apple bootcamp driver?
I tried that. Downloaded the latest Crimson driver, but when installing it comes up and says no AMD hardware found. Same thing with the latest Hotfix drivers. :confused:

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I tried that. Downloaded the latest Crimson driver, but when installing it comes up and says no AMD hardware found. Same thing with the latest Hotfix drivers. :confused:

AMD's standard drivers do not support Boot Camp configurations. They did for the longest time, but something changed in the last year that this is no longer the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.