Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I think the title pretty much says it all. My better half is usually reluctant to update anything to the latest, while I, needless to say, tend to update right away.

We have an iPad 4 that I really want to update to iOS 7 after using it on my 4S for a week, but I´ve read some discouraging threads about decreased performance and bugs with iOS 7 on iPad. Since it is mostly she that uses our iPad most, I wonder if it is possible to restore the device back to iOS 6 when things are not going well with iOS 7 on iPad.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Not with Apple signing the SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3. They'll only be signing them for a few more hours to a few more days.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Not with Apple signing the SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3. They'll only be signing them for a few more hours to a few more days.

So do you think it is safe to try it out just for a couple of days and still be able to fall back when it is necessary?

tiguanito

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
Have installed iOS7 on my iPad 4. It doesn't work well (lags, etc). It's like a Beta version.
I'm currently trying to restore it to iOS6

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
So do you think it is safe to try it out just for a couple of days and still be able to fall back when it is necessary?

They may stop signing it with in a few hours of this posting. Resulting it you never being able to go back.

tiguanito

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
I will be surprised if Apple is still signing iOS 6 tomorrow morning. I'm a little surprised they haven't stopped signing it already.

I could restore it to iOS6 (but can't activate it yet because the servers are busy).
They should keep signing iOS6 for the iPad, or a lot of people will be angry.

----------

Don't worry, you only have to use it during 30 min before you decide to fall back :D

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I think I need to post an update to this thread. I finally decided to take the plunge and update our iPad to iOS 7, and it's been a blast so far. It's running as smooth as butter so far and it doesn't seem to have the gesture bug some talked up here. Knock on wood hope it stays this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.