Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
This feature seems to be bugged for me when I try to add a server under the files.app, is it just me or is it the same for you guys as well.I would like to add my Synology NAS in there if that's possible.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
This feature seems to be bugged for me when I try to add a server under the files.app, is it just me or is it the same for you guys as well.I would like to add my Synology NAS in there if that's possible.

It's everyone. It's in the known issues in the release notes. Hopefully next build.

On another note does Synology not have an app exposed in Files? WD do and it works really well. Also has the added advantage of working out of home without forwarding any ports.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
It's everyone. It's in the known issues in the release notes. Hopefully next build.

On another note does Synology not have an app exposed in Files? WD do and it works really well. Also has the added advantage of working out of home without forwarding any ports.

DS File doesn’t integrate well into files app. Looking forward to SMB support working.

Reactions: profets

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
DS File doesn’t integrate well into files app. Looking forward to SMB support working.

Ah. Shame. I'm actually surprised how well WD's app works as I had to root and disable or reconfigure half the crappy software running on the NAS itself. Shockingly crippled out of the box.

Anyway, yep, will be a real boon to have SMB natively. I'll definitely be doing some relative benchmarking when when we get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.