Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Like the topic asks is it possible to rent movies from itunes and stream them to your PS3 or 360? I use Medialink and it connects to my Itunes files, and my AVI collections fine but for some reason Im not able to even see the rentals on my PS3.

Is there a special secret folder these movies are stored? They do not seem to be in the Itunes/Movies folder

I rented a movie yesterday and Im unable to find it.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007

I use this as well on my PS3 Medialink is the newest version of this program..
But Im unable to see RENTED movies in my menus on the PS3 though I can see all other files.

think I found my own answer and its sucks

iTunes Store purchases are protected by Apple and thus can only be used with Apple gear such as the iPod/iPhone or AppleTV

A workaround for iTunes Store purchased music is to burn it to a CD and then re-import it from the CD into your library using iTunes.

screw that I will not be paying for rentals from Itunes from now on, looks like Netflix and Redbox are going to be getting a new customer...

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Honestly, what did you expect? You knew iTunes rentals are protected by FairPlay, so why did you think they would work with a PS3 or Xbox?

Regards,
Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.