Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
IMG_1387.jpeg

I run a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro, a Unifi 8 port PoE, an old iMac is our home server and runs Homebridge for our non-HomeKit devices to run on HomeKit and two Ubiquti WiFi 6 access points.

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
What a timely thread to find. We moved into a new house in October. The builder ran CAT5E and Coax to each of the main rooms, but of course didn't terminate it behind the wall plates or in the basement. I spent an afternoon terminating each end and of course complaining to myself about why they didn't run CAT6 in 2022 when they built the house.

Anyway, I'm working on finishing the storage and workshop space in the basement where everything terminates and here's where things currently stand.

1GB Fiber is awesome, paired with the (3) Eero Pro 6's hardwired throughout the house (~3000sqft) basement + main level all getting managed through a TP Link Switch. Drywall and low voltage covers coming soon. I'll likely run myself a few more Ethernet lines to various areas of the house before I cover up the wall.

PIC

SZBJ2qN.jpg

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
What a timely thread to find. We moved into a new house in October. The builder ran CAT5E and Coax to each of the main rooms, but of course didn't terminate it behind the wall plates or in the basement. I spent an afternoon terminating each end and of course complaining to myself about why they didn't run CAT6 in 2022 when they built the house.

Anyway, I'm working on finishing the storage and workshop space in the basement where everything terminates and here's where things currently stand.

1GB Fiber is awesome, paired with the (3) Eero Pro 6's hardwired throughout the house (~3000sqft) basement + main level all getting managed through a TP Link Switch. Drywall and low voltage covers coming soon. I'll likely run myself a few more Ethernet lines to various areas of the house before I cover up the wall.

PIC

SZBJ2qN.jpg
At least they left you w/ cables.I've been in situations where They ran fake cables and only connected it to each other! Like from one port to another port!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.