Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If you don't mind I'll share my three home screens. Using nova launcher to add dual launching gestures to the dock icons.

Samsung galaxy s3 on CM10 nightly. Jelly bean is great!

I'm on CM 9.1 but I'm thinking about trying CM10. Any major issues with the latest build? Do you know if I'll have an issue with going back to a CM9 nandroid if I decide to? I tried an Omega JB ROM and it messed up my wifi.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I'm on CM 9.1 but I'm thinking about trying CM10. Any major issues with the latest build? Do you know if I'll have an issue with going back to a CM9 nandroid if I decide to? I tried an Omega JB ROM and it messed up my wifi.

Let's see.. latest (until tonight's 9/3) is 9/2 and people are saying stable, but one issue I see popping up here and there is a 3 second incoming call delay. When you pick up and you can't hear them for 3 seconds or so. That's the case with me, so I pick up, wait like 2 seconds before saying hello lol. Other than that, I got NFC + Google wallet set up. I heard wifi tether may be broken also but some people have claimed it works. I haven't tried.

4G speeds are still good, 20up/down. There is an LCD flicker that pops up that you can get rid of by a developer option check, but it is reset on reboot so you have to check it again.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Let's see.. latest (until tonight's 9/3) is 9/2 and people are saying stable, but one issue I see popping up here and there is a 3 second incoming call delay. When you pick up and you can't hear them for 3 seconds or so. That's the case with me, so I pick up, wait like 2 seconds before saying hello lol. Other than that, I got NFC + Google wallet set up. I heard wifi tether may be broken also but some people have claimed it works. I haven't tried.

4G speeds are still good, 20up/down. There is an LCD flicker that pops up that you can get rid of by a developer option check, but it is reset on reboot so you have to check it again.

Its disable hardware overlay.

Here's a screenshot from my phone

uvaba7y9.jpg

Just check that and flip the switch on developer options and the flicker is gone!

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I am waiting for a stable build of CM10 before messing with it. I had enough fun trying to ensure I always had a stable build of CM9 with my Touchpad. With my phone, I don't like having anything 'not' work. Just can't take that chance.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I am waiting for a stable build of CM10 before messing with it. I had enough fun trying to ensure I always had a stable build of CM9 with my Touchpad. With my phone, I don't like having anything 'not' work. Just can't take that chance.

CM9 for the TouchPad isn't as easy as ROMs for phones. Building everything from the ground up with no Android source is harder than modifying a kernel and building a ROM. Try it and you'll fall in love!

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
CM9 for the TouchPad isn't as easy as ROMs for phones. Building everything from the ground up with no Android source is harder than modifying a kernel and building a ROM. Try it and you'll fall in love!

Can't risk it. I have Nandroid backups saved (and it is easy to reflash), but even still I am running the stock ROM, just rooted. My phone is so critical to me, including tethering to my Nex7 at work. I know these nightly builds are better than the ones for the Touchpad, it is just a risk I can not take.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Can't risk it. I have Nandroid backups saved (and it is easy to reflash), but even still I am running the stock ROM, just rooted. My phone is so critical to me, including tethering to my Nex7 at work. I know these nightly builds are better than the ones for the Touchpad, it is just a risk I can not take.

I understand. Everyone has different needs. I leave my mobile devices for modding (like flashing ROMs, etc.) But i keep my computers stock

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Damn things are getting cool!

This is a bit clumsy but I can see the potential:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarHsG3Gg8Y

something like this would make me consider switching back to Apple!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEUBLIJvmE

Re: project glass, unless they can come up for a way for us poor fucdgers that have to wear glasses already it won't work for me. It's like those damn 3D glasses in the movie theatre, what a PITA!!

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I was quite impressed with the battery yesterday while I was messing with widget locker and beautiful widgets (which is on sale for labour day btw). So I thought I would include a shot with battery life also!
Wow!

You've done a very nice job with yours. I like the colors, the contrast, and the positioning of the various screen elements. It's a great look!

Cheers :)

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Wow!

You've done a very nice job with yours. I like the colors, the contrast, and the positioning of the various screen elements. It's a great look!

Cheers :)

Aww gee! Thanks :D I have since changed my MMS icon to a grey circular icon to match with the theme.

----------

This is what I envision...

"Well, officer. I'm not exactly sure how it happened. All I know is one second I'm reading this email from my girlfriend that's floating in front of my face, and the next I'm airborne, and there's all these kids on the hood of my car, screaming and griping on for dear life".

LOL!! You have a point there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.