Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fille84

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2013
There isn't a singular Android look, is there? Ever phone maker has their own look and feel I think.
Not really. But that look is so much a "blast from the past" so that you thought that that was what Android looked like today is a little funny.

Reactions: jamezr

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Since this thread has been revived...
My Galaxy Tab S6 Lite... trying to set up the ginchiest layout man... y'dig?
Screenshot_20231207_073028_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_073055_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_073106_One UI Home.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
We had a few discussions on separate platforms and discord about it . including developers answering on the launcher and where it was headed as well as the privacy concerns .. obviously each person would have to decide for themselves..

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
We had a few discussions on separate platforms and discord about it . including developers answering on the launcher and where it was headed as well as the privacy concerns .. obviously each person would have to decide for themselves..
I just have concerns about it and just wanted some opinions on the latest version. I used to use it years ago and have owned nova prime for a long time, 2014 I think but things have changed since then.

I have two major gripes with the pixel launcher, can't remove at a glance widget and the search bar at the bottom of the screen.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I just have concerns about it and just wanted some opinions on the latest version. I used to use it years ago and have owned nova prime for a long time, 2014 I think but things have changed since then.

I have two major gripes with the pixel launcher, can't remove at a glance widget and the search bar at the bottom of the screen.

Latest beta runs flawlessly on both my Pixels..I’ve been a prime user for about the same amount of time …at a glance will be able to get rid of sometime in upcoming Google releases not sure how long before we see it but it’s already showed coded on betas..

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
From what I have read online, as soon as nova got bought by that data collection company the file size of the app increased by a big margin.
That's enough to worry me and that's why I am cautious about using it.

I might give Microsoft launcher a go but will need to read up on it first.

slimeynick

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2016
Pixel 7 Pro

Use the Backdrops app and have it rotate every day at random between about 100 different wallpapers I've favourited over the last year or two. Keeps it looking fresh. Wish the At a Glance home screen widget on Pixel Launcher was more customisable. I love the stock weather widget but it ends up duplicating the At a Glance. Likewise, having the time on twice (in the status bar and At a Glance) feels a bit daft.

Thing is, At a Glance is really useful.
1000013611.png

Reactions: Bkdodger

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
Pixel 7 Pro

Use the Backdrops app and have it rotate every day at random between about 100 different wallpapers I've favourited over the last year or two. Keeps it looking fresh. Wish the At a Glance home screen widget on Pixel Launcher was more customisable. I love the stock weather widget but it ends up duplicating the At a Glance. Likewise, having the time on twice (in the status bar and At a Glance) feels a bit daft.

Thing is, At a Glance is really useful.
View attachment 2327022
That looks nice.

I really like the adaptive icons on the pixel but when there is one or two that are not compatible then that really winds me up.

slimeynick

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2016
That looks nice.

I really like the adaptive icons on the pixel but when there is one or two that are not compatible then that really winds me up.
Yeah, I'm always tempted to shove them off into a separate folder but use the two on my home screen at least once a day. Wish there was a way that they could be forced into a theme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.