Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Here's mine. I tend to bounce between the black/blue and black/steel colors.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130903_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130903_0001.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 118

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I really miss WP8. A lot. I wish it was embraced by more developers. I was more or less forced to leave due to some essential apps for school not being available on WP8. The live tiles were great if you took the time to set them up.

DrNoellyG

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2011
I bought a 520 to try WP8 late last month. I liked it. I use it all the time as my in-car GPS and media player. I downloaded some games to it as well and because of the 4 inch screen it is nice to look at, read, play games, and of course as my GPS. I think I might pick up the 925 next and actually give it a proper try for a couple of months. The iPhone 5s/c is not coming here for a couple of months it seems so I think now is the perfect time to try WP8 as my main operating system for an extended period of time.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
So I've recently changed mine to a different layout I'm pretty happy with. I ditched the Internet Explorer app with UC Browser, the built-in mail app with the MetroMail beta, and then I'm using the new InNote app for doodling and noting stuff.

The top tile is Super Calendar and then Vieather for weather.

wp_ss_20131105_0001.png

Much less clutter than what I started with. :D

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
So I've recently changed mine to a different layout I'm pretty happy with. I ditched the Internet Explorer app with UC Browser, the built-in mail app with the MetroMail beta, and then I'm using the new InNote app for doodling and noting stuff.

The top tile is Super Calendar and then Vieather for weather.

Much less clutter than what I started with. :D

Very nice!

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I feel like MS should implement wallpapers somehow. For instance, make the icons a bit transparent with a wallpaper in the back and the part of the wp that's covered by an icon would be blurred (like how the background looks when you pull down the notification center in ios7).

Ahhhhh! but adding a wallpaper and that much transparency would destroy the little performance illusion that Microsoft has created.

It's really really easy to draw and push these (mostly) two-colour tiles around the screen whilst keeping it nice and smooth.... something completely different when you add a lot of transparency and things like wallpapers and high colour, high detail icons...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.