Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
First, create a new album - maybe call it Watch? Then, go to your photo album and choose Select and highlight all the pictures you want to move. Then click at the bottom for Add To - and pick the Watch album you created.

Then go to the watch app on the phone and go to photos and pick the synced album choice and pick the watch folder. Skip all of the above if you already have a folder you want to use. :)

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Had to be done...

mZ2baPF.jpg

image.png
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I wish I could use my own background on the cronograph face. I like to see my calendar at least....

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
First, create a new album - maybe call it Watch? Then, go to your photo album and choose Select and highlight all the pictures you want to move. Then click at the bottom for Add To - and pick the Watch album you created.

Then go to the watch app on the phone and go to photos and pick the synced album choice and pick the watch folder. Skip all of the above if you already have a folder you want to use. :)

Thank you so much, I have just created a new thread and asked this question. Wish I'd seen this thread first! On the photo watch face, do the photos have to be a certain size? Thanks.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
And once again, it's just too bad that Apple prevented us from doing this ... there's just simply no reason they shouldn't have made this an option, except to deny the customer choice.

21619159252_84c7c205c7_o.jpg

I'm sure they had a reason and hopefully over the next few updates that reason will cease to exist. I can't imaging this not happening eventually. We just need to recognize how new this product is and try to be patient.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
I'm sure they had a reason and hopefully over the next few updates that reason will cease to exist. I can't imaging this not happening eventually. We just need to recognize how new this product is and try to be patient.
Of course they had a reason. But try as I might, there's no good one I can come up with that allows them put a photo behind a numeric display, but not behind an analogue clock representation, except to prevent the user from customizing that type of watch face. I would have even accepted the same kinds of limitations as with the numeric display, allowing the hands and hash marks maybe, but no complications yet. There are arguments to be made as to why they aren't allowing these kinds of things from a technical perspective. But if they can put a picture behind numbers, they can put a picture behind a set of watch hands with equal ease, there's nothing about doing the one that would make it any more frustrating to the end user for the other. They simply wanted to limit choice at this juncture.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

luckyblue

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
"Here are a few of my favorite things" :)

Although we just lost to Stanford, I still have to support my Trojans! Can't decide which one to use yet. Fight on!

IMG_1672.PNG IMG_1674.PNG IMG_1676.PNG IMG_1677.PNG IMG_1678.PNG IMG_1679.PNG

Reactions: Macalway and naasrd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.