Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i think these cars are really badass. i wouldn't mind driving that lifted neon.

iJon

sinbushar

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2002
Jersey
Porsche said:
porsche_lamer.jpg

whoever did that to a porsche should be shot...repeatedly...again...

also

insert pictures of the scions and the honda element...i would look them up...but i really don't want to look at them

-adel

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Ahh.. Who can forget the Aztek. The ugliest production car in my opinion. I remember watching Survivor and after the guy won the million dollars he was also given an Aztek.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
iLikeMyiMac said:
Ahh.. Who can forget the Aztek. The ugliest production car in my opinion. I remember watching Survivor and after the guy won the million dollars he was also given an Aztek.
You know the Aztek is truly ugly, but I remember they came with all kinds of cool "packages" like a camping one where a tent-like contraption fit on the back-end...I cannot remember too clearly, but I was impressed (with that aspect, at least)...interior is nice also...
gremlin (or much by AMC in 70's and 80's) I feel are/were uglier production cars than Azteks...

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
Pontiac Aztek

:::UPdate::: haha ilikemyimac I didn't see your post till after I posted this one. haha They do suck.

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 182

andypop

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2004
this is a real-life car. I took these photos in a Ralph's parking lot in Santa Ana (the REAL O.C.);

car-left.jpg

car-right.jpg

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Wish I had a pic of my old van. 1987 Econoline. To keep the back doors closed, I had to use a "ratchet strap", connect it to the rear doors and wrap it around the front seat. And it had expanding foam sealing all the rust holes.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Roger1 said:
And it had expanding foam sealing all the rust holes.
Oh. I had a truck like that too! 1978(?) Chevy LUV (Isuzu pickup to the rest of the world). By the time it was through, it was several shades of gray and blue, the floors and fenders had this nice stucco look from unsanded fiberglass sheets and mud slapped on, and lots of that polyurethane foam to keep the rain out.

It was never a thing of beauty, this was about as basic as a little truck can get, without a radio or even a headliner. It did have a heater, though, and since there was no weight and a standard transmission it was a blast to drive.

The truck make its way to the junkyard on its own power, but when they picked it up with a fork truck the entire thing broke in half; apparently there was nothing left of the frame between the cab and bed. "OMG I was just driving that?!!"

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iLikeMyiMac said:
I always wanted to put seats in the back of a pickup truck that way people don't have to ride in the bed but now that I see how it looks it doesn't seem like that great of an idea.

Point of information: In many states it is illegal to ride in the bed of a pick-up, without approved seats (think the Brat seats met the laws of the time).

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
JRam said:
I really dont think whoever has to sit in the back of that brat is too happy... I can only imagine how much fun it would be to sit there and go offroading with low branches hehe...

Find this site appropriate: http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=ugly_cars

Man, I am going to have to go into therapy after seeing that site. :eek:

My beloved Baja is #1 ugly, of course I disagree.

And the other three were vehicles that I considered when buying the Baja. Surprised that the Explorer SportTrac didn't make his list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.